Healthcare - GPs
We are proud of our strong links with GP practices and doctors in the North West and beyond. We have worked hard to create a multi-disciplinary team to serve in this specialist area.
We offer advice in the following areas:
- Preparing partnership agreements. We always like to visit the practice and doctors involved during this process so that all partners feel they have had the opportunity to contribute to this important document.
- Revalidation and regulatory matters including representation at GMC hearings, inquests and health care related criminal investigations.
- Dealing with the admission of new partners by drafting Deeds of Accession to the partnership and dealing with all associated property transfers.
- Assisting when partners leave partnerships including dealing with the transfer of partnership properties.
- Advising in relation to partnership disputes. We try first to see if we can assist the partners in re-establishing a working relationship with each other but if required can deal with court proceedings should a settlement not be possible.
- Providing employment advice including drafting employment contracts and policies, general employment helpline support and restructuring. We provide support and advice all the way to Employment Tribunal. See all our employment services for employers or our employment services for employees.
- Helping practices moving in to purpose built LIFT facilities.
- Acting for practices procuring new premises using the third party developer (3PD) route.
- Advising in connection with premises costs reimbursement.
- Advising practices who are procuring and developing their own new practice premises. These are big projects which require our support in site acquisition, drafting agreements for leases and leases with the practices and possibly pharmacies and all the construction aspects.
- Considering new business structures for example joint ventures, Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) and Community Interest Companies (CICs) to exploit the opportunities to open a pharmacy within the practice premises.
- Advising on practice mergers and all related employment issues (including the applicability of TUPE).
Click the links to download our revalidation fact sheet or our most recent Healthcare focus which features articles on PMS contracts and CQC inspections.
If you have any regulatory concerns please see our Healthcare - regulatory page for information on how Andrea James, former in-house lawyer at the GMC, can help you.
Our Services & Sectors
- Corporate & Commercial, Legal 500, 2011
To read the PDF downloads you will require the Adobe Reader, click here to download the Adobe PDF Reader tool.